Curried Dahl is one of my favorite dishes and my go to for dinner. And Lunch. And occasionally breakfast. Let’s be honest I could eat it all day, everyday. I LOAD IT UP with spices because it’s great for my Kapha dosha but you can make it specifically to your tastes. My recipe is pretty simple and very easy to make. Cook it, eat it, and tell us what you think!
Ghee (or olive oil)
1 cup of red lentils or split mung beans
6 Cups of water
1 yellow onion diced
2 or 3 cloves minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Let lentils soak for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large pot, add tbsp of ghee over medium heat.
- Sautee onion and garlic until soft.
- Add spices, lentils and water
- Bring to a boil and then reduce and let simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice